A little slow these last weeks in finishing books…
- The Collapse of the Third Republic – William Shirer‘s book on the fall of France, 1940. My lunch walkabout book; and just reaching the lead up to the German attack.
- Roman Conquests: Italy – finished.
- The Wars against Napoleon – Still about two-thirds done.
- Cats are Not Peas – A quick intro to Cat Genetics. Perhaps about a quarter way in.
- War of the Jewels – A look into Tolkien’s notes for the Silmarillion. Finished but not posted yet.
- Vanished Kingdoms – Finished Aragon. On Litva. Have a couple chapter backlog to write up.
- Barbarossa Derailed II – Glantz’ study of the 1941 Russian War. My reading of it is still derailed!
- Notable Trials IV – on Impeachment of Andrew Johnson. Not a lot left in the collection.
- Battle Studies by Du Picq. – Finished.
- Craig Kennedy, Scientific Detective by Arthur Reeve. Still interesting. A lot of his detecting involves what would be today regarded as illegal wiretapping, I think. But it is a CSI from the 1920s.
- Kiev 1941 by Stahel. A sequel to his Barbarossa book I read here. Nearing completion.
- Complete Works of H. P. Lovecraft – on Kindle
- Also have downloaded some Kindle SF books from Baen and Gutenberg. Laumer, Piper, and a couple others. Some are still on the portable.
- Also have started listening to some new historical podcasts. I probably should post more about those.